Citing Maps - Online guides to citing Maps (print and electronic):
- Citing Maps, from North Carolina State University Library
- Citing Maps, from Ohio Wesleyan University
Historic Atlas and Map Valuation and Conservation - Guide to valuing antique maps and atlases by Julie Sweetkind-Singer.
- AMS and GSGS Maps - A collection of scanned Index maps to Army Map Service map series and GSGS (Great Britain. War Office. General Staff Geographical Section) map series from UC Berkeley [no longer maintained].
- UC Berkeley International Indexes (pdf) includes airphotos, world and United States map series held at UC Berkeley
Grant Writing - Resources developed for the Grant Writing Workshop offered October 25, 2007 at the WAML Meeting in Denver:
Location Guide to the General Land Office (GLO) Survey Plats - list of organizations with GLO survey plats compiled by Tom Huber of the Illinois State Library.
Map Symbols - Links to sites with information about symbols used on a variety of maps produced by U.S. government agencies:
- Topographic Map Symbols (pdf) - symbols used on U.S. Geological Survey topographic maps.
- FAA Aeronautical Chart User's Guide - Symbols used on VFR, IAP and IFR Charts from the Federal Aviation Agency.
- U.S. Chart No. 1 - symbols on U.S. Nautical Charts from NOAA.
- Finding Place Name Information, from Western Illinois University.