Western Association of Map
WAML Scanning Projects
Over the past few years, it has become obvious
that a number of different universities and public
libraries have completed map digitization projects.
Additional projects are being planned or are underway.
This Clearinghouse is an effort to create a union
list of digitization
projects. Its goal is to increase our knowledge of
and accessibility to scanned items and avoid duplication
a Project (Request a password if you do not yet have one.)
Submitting a Project:
Please click on SUBMIT A PROJECT below to enter
information about each series or collection that
has been scanned.
- You will be asked to enter your email address and
password. WAML members should have received a password
in an email. We have established a guest account
for non-WAML members within WAML's principal region
to use. Please contact WAMLscan@wwu.edu to acquire
- Please use one form per collection and be
as concise as possible.
- After completing the form, click the SUBMIT button.
- You will be given an opportunity to review your information, edit as necessary, and resubmit the form when it is complete.
- After submitting the form, a notification will be returned to you that details what you have submitted.
Submit a Project
- Click on the SEARCH THE CLEARINGHOUSE link to access
information submitted by others. You can choose to
search on one field or, using Boolean operators,
a number of fields.
- The results will provide basic information with the option to access the full record.
- Results can be sorted by clicking on the column header.
Search the Clearinghouse
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact: Janet
- Accuracy of information will be based on what you submit. Please
carefully check what you have entered.
- To Update the Project Status: If the status of
your project changes, click on the CHANGE
PROJECT STATUS link to send updated information
WAML Home Page
Top of Page
Webmaster: Katie Lage
Last Modified: May 23, 2007
©Western Association of Map Libraries. All rights